DC Bread for the City is giving away $50 debit cards, turkeys, and grocery bags with bonus holiday fixings to DC Residents until November 23. You can pick up these items Monday to Thursday, 9 AM to 4 PM and Fridays 9 to 11 AM at both Bread for the City centers at their Northwest and Southwest locations.
To donate to Holiday Helpings, click here.
1525 7th St NW, Washington, DC 20001
1700 Good Hope Rd SE, Washington, DC 20020
DC Bread for the City seeks to help DC residents living with low income to develop their power to determine the future of their own communities. They provide food, clothing, medical care, and legal and social services to reduce the burden of poverty.
Check out a few other ways DC Bread for the City encourages you to give back and help your community below.
- Make a donation to Holiday Helpings here.
- Get your community involved: Start your own fundraising drive and share it with your community or ask your employer if they’d like to host a drive.
- Organize a food or clothing drive: Here’s what we’re asking for.
- Volunteer your time: Sign up to help us pack Holiday Helpings bags.
- Support in style: Purchase Holiday Helpings merch!
Check out how DC Bread for the has served the DC Community for over 40 years below.